Re: Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

>> and "warnings" of the supposed danger using a paddle bit.
>
> You've obviously never hit a nail while using one.

Sure I have.  If you don't press hard on the drill but let the
bit do the cutting it doesn't damage the bit much.  It also won't
grab and hurt you unless you hold the drill so loosely that it
gets away from you.  If you have no idea how to use a drill you
might run into problems.

> I prefer using a regular twist bid if I'm drilling up
> (or down) into an area I can't see the other side of.

I usually use straight bids, but only to get the contract.  I
prefer to use bits for drilling.  When making a 3/4" hole in a
board a paddle bit is faster and easier to use than a twist bit
-- not to mention about 2% of the price of the bit.  It also can
be used in a 3/8" or 1/2" chuck, whereas a 3/4" bit would require
me to drag the big Bosch drill out of the van.

I prefer to use cordless drills most of the time and those drain
the batteries too fast if you use heavy twist drills.  Not being
an installer, you wouldn't know any of this stuff.

> You might prefer using paddle bits...  I think it's bad
> advice to suggest using one though.

Only because you have no experience doing this sort of thing.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass