Re: Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Whoever told you that is almost as FOS as Olson.
>>>  It's utter nonsense.
>>>
>> I guess you are smarter than the team of engineers at ITI
>> who developed the keypad data protocol then.
>
> Nope, but certainly smart enough to recognize that the so-called
> "recommendation" is pure BS.   No team of engineers at ITI or
> anywhere else ever said that.

Uh-huh...  And who was it you spoke to at Elk again??  You know...  the tech
support "wiz" that told you the "XEP" will broadcast ASCII strings over a
network...

> There is no keypad data protocol
> that requires stranded wire instead of solid and the story about
> electrons spinning better on stranded cable is absolute drivel.

Ummm...  I hate to burst your bubble there Robert, but...  Stranded wire is
far less apt to act as an antenna source.  It's why they use 32 gauge
stranded wire in those security window screens (in case you didn't know).
ITI may (and I say "may") suggest using stranded wire in their systems, I
don't know.  We use DSC and Ademco products and as a consequence don't have
any reason to doubt what an individual that actually uses ITI says...  You,
of course, being expert in all the security systems (snerk!) out there are
in a position to know everything...  What's the Napco dual battery harness
for again??  How many keypads can you put on a Lynx panel??

>> (Snicker)
>
> Indeed

Yep!