Re: Help me identify my home system model

"Raven513" wrote ...

> I put some pictures of the unit on my website....
> http://dpway.homeip.net:7979/alarm/
>
> I can also anwer any questions to help identify this unit and eventually
> (hopefully) remove the CO sensor.
>
> TIA,
> -Paul

Paul,

It's a Simon version 2 from GE / ITI

http://www.itii.com/products/sws.jsp

http://www.itii.com/products/co.jsp

In order to replace your existing CO detector, you'd need to have either
Utility Access Code 1 or 2 to delete the old one from programming and add
the new one.  Unless the default code was left in (always possible with
ADT), you'd need to get the code from the installer (sounds unlikely in your
case) or default the whole system to the factory settings (not recommended
at all).

On the other hand, if your contract has expired, you could always go with
another company who could take over the account and help you more
effectively than you just trying to help yourself.  Your local yellow pages
would be a good start for this route.

Once you have the new detector installed and programmed, it would be a good
idea to call ADT and have them put your account on test for an hour or two.
This gives you time to set off the detector and call them back to make sure
they received the signal without having the fire dept. at your door.