Re: Combined Load on Vista 20P

"Mike" <reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:scWdnT1nnbjVGcnfRVn-rQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> If you're going to solder, use a Western Union splice.  You can also use
>> the jacket from your standard 22/4 quad in place of the shrink tubing...
>
> Bob,
> Is there any reason to use 22/4 to the door contacts? Spare conductor in
> case one wire opens?

No reason in particular although you sort of answered the question yourself.
Our vans carry all kinds of wire.  RG-59U, RG-6, 22-4, 18-2, 18-5 and 18-3
fire cable, 24-6 twisted shielded pair, Cat 5, Cat 3...  I'd drive my guys
nuts if I added another box...  :-))

> I was thinking of using 22/2 cable for the door switches and the 22/4 for
> the motions.

Not a problem...  We've "standardized" on 22/4 for all our alarm wiring.