Re: Combined Load on Vista 20P

"Mike" <reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:6PWdnemGspMI1cnfRVn-og@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have another question about the EOL resistors. Of course i didnt realize
> being the alarm system greeny that i am that these have to be installed
> close to the device.
> How far away are we talking?

"E"nd  "O"f  "L"ine

Do these have to be within feet of a device and
> therefor inside the wall?

No. Keep them accessable. They can take a lightning or surge hit and become
damaged at which point they will need to be replaced. Nothing worse than
trying to find the suckers because some installer had a better idea.

> I just ordered some Ademco 940 contacts without the attached leads
thinking
> why would i want a 15' lead prewired that i would have to splice inside
the
> wall?

Perfect

 >Duh first of many greeny mistakes im sure.

Wasn't a mistake. Most everyone is using a similar style contact.

> So can these Super B crimps be bought at Graingers

Not sure

 >or Home Depot

No

 >or an electrical supply house

If they have a communications supply line, maybe

>and are their alternatives to using them?

Solder and shrink tube. Not electrical tape!

Good luck
Bob4Secur