Re: Far Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

I would not go so far as to say that it's a go in every case.  You will
find AHJ's who will say no.  You will find many who will say yes.  For
homeowners who misunderstand what's been said, believe me, it will be
the AHJ who sets them straight in areas where it is not endorsed.
However, I did not run across any who said no to me, but I did not do a
real survey covering one end of the country to the other. There are
many issues concerning this topic that must be considered, and that is
why I did not flat out say that Robert is wrong. This is certainly a
gray area where the AHJ will have to make a call, or the installer
based on his own judgement.

I would suggest waiting until you have a chance to read my Fire Side
Chat column in June to pass judgement either way.  Obviously I cannot
reproduce it here, but if you check out Chapter 11, 2002, it does cover
some of this issue.

Al