Re: Bypass Telco's NID box?

Crash G.  You are so right when you say we don't care if you move it.
We don't care cause we still get paid so it makes no difference to us
where the NID is located. To be honest, I prefer not finding it, No NID
to work from, no need to work!!!!  I just go to the next job, tag out
to engineering that the NID is not accessible.  I leave it to the
office to work out the charges the customer will pay for the next trip.
You may have your horror stories about NetTechs but let me tell you,
that alarm techs are by far the worst of anyone to mess with phone
lines.  We wouldn't have to cut so many alarm off the system had you
install it right and didn't screw the whole thing up.  Even PTT's (God
bless them all we really didn't treat them right) could run circles
around any of your wiring.  All you who make it sound like alarm guys
know phones are yanking your own toothpick.  Look guys, when was the
last time you heard of a phone company tech looking for a job with an
alarm company?  But we get stopped by you guys all the time wanting to
know what's need to apply for an entry level job with us.
Oh another thing Crash, if after 20 years with us, you would be able to
take a pension, keep your paid medical, phone concession and all the
perks that come with this job, instead of still pulling wires to pay
for the chew.

Jen