Re: Bypass Telco's NID box?

Subject: Bypass Telco's NID box?
Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms
=> Bobby_M <=  wrote:

>Instead of buying a cellular backup system, I'm considering protecting
>my phone line from easy cuts. The line comes to my house approx 15' off
>the ground, runs down the house to the telco installed NID. It then
>goes back up the house and into the attic towards my central wiring
>terminal in the basement (where I also installed my alarm panel.
>Obviously the loop down to the NID is extremely susceptable to cutting
>since it goes to eye level. Even running this loop through conduit
>would be a waste since a screwdriver would allow access into the NID
>anyway. I'm considering running the Telco line directly into the attic
>and leaving the loop to the NID as a decoy. Does anyone know if there
>are any legal penalties for doing so since the circuit is technically
>not mine until it exits the NID?

Just move the damn thing or harden it (which will be difficult since service
comes overhead).   Screw the telco.  How many times have THEY disconnected the
dialer wire because they do not understand line seizure?

The chances of you getting caught are slim to none.  And even if you do get
caught you'll get a slap on the wrist.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email