Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

"James" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Firex does make a relay that is listed for use with their smoke detectors.
> The problem with this is that it is a 110vac relay, if the power to the
> smokes goes out the relay will not operate.  I am not sure what the
> intended
> use of the relay is but I do know some companys use it to monitor the
> smokes
> through their burglar panel.

Firex's smoke relay is called the "model 499"
(http://www.icca.invensys.com/manuals/firex/110-278F.pdf) and the
instruction manual states that "The Relay Module is not recommended for use
with authomatic dialers or security alarm panels".  There's nothing in any
code or standard that states you can't use it for this purpose though.