Re: Garage Door Opener keypad recommendations

JoeRaisin <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Assuming, of course, the garage door spring does not break.  I had a spring
>>> failure on a wooden double wide a couple years ago.  That's when I got a
>>> real appreciation for the weight of these doors.
>>

>> So now you want to plan on a power outage and a spring breaking simultaneously?
>>
>> Uh huh....
>>

>Some folks wear a belt AND suspenders...
>
>He forgot to mention that all the bearings on all the rollers could
>seize up - THEN what?  Better keep a hi-lo around just in case...

Well I don't know what a "hi-low" is, but I'll assume it's some kind of jack or
lever to get into said garage.

I think the OP is mentally masturbating out loud about his system.

A wooden 8' x 7' door can be lifted by one man without springs, about 150 lbs.
If it's a 16' x 7' one man can still *barely* do it, but it's easier with two.