Re: Garage Door Opener keypad recommendations

That is a good reminder of the utility of a mechanically operated door
release in case of a power failure.  I used to have one in my detached
garage before I put in a back door.

As you pointed out in another message, others seem to have started to assume
that the op is paranoid of being unable to get into the garage under any
circumstances through the garage door.

Actually, he is just trying to find a reasonable ability to have a reliable
way in, IN CASE SOMEONE DOESN'T HAVE A KEY HANDY.  If he doesn't have the
house key handy, he is also not likely to have the opener key handy.

My girlfriend likes to take walks in the evening and frequently heads out
without her key (I don't have a door key but have my remote programmed to
open the garage door which lets me get into the house if I have my car).
I have considered buying her a keypad just so that we don't need to leave a
door unlocked (safe neighborhood) or I could just get a copy of her key to
keep in my wallet.

For the extreme people how about a locked box (with mechanical push button
lock) that has power wired to it and a battery operated saw (on a trickle
charger) so that the op can cut their way into the garage under any
circumstances.