Re: X-10 Active Home?

Snip
>> I am currently using 1.42.  As far as the macros...I have tried to set up
>> 3 modules to turn on at the same time and it never works.  None of them
>> will turn on.  They work individually, but not on the macro.  I thought I
>> could free up resources if I used the macro, but every time I try,
>> nothing turns on.  I have backpedaled and tried just 2 modules, then 1
>> module but the macro does not work.  Any suggestions?  I mean it is
>> simply drag and drop the module into the macro.  I have tried standard
>> and fast, but neither works.
>>
>> Joe J.
>>

> If you are downloading macros into a CM11A and NOT leaving it connected to
> your computer, I believe you MUST create FAST macros.
>
> With my computer temporarily connected to my CM11A, I just created a test
> fast macro on C1. To it I added my indoor lights (B2) and porch lights
> (B5). No other changes. By default, the switch icons on the B2 and B5 are
> in the ON position and I leave them there. I right the macro icon and
> choose Test. After a brief delay, both B2 and B5 get turned-on.
>
> Does this work for you?
>
> What is supposed to "trigger" your macro once it is downloaded? Are you
> using a remote control, an AC line controller, or is it supposed to be
> triggered by a timer?

I drag the two modules I want into the fast macro.  Once I'm done, that
macro now appears as a "virtual wiring" macro module in lets say the living
room.  I give it time of day on/off settings just like a normal module, but
it never triggers the two I've dragged in there.  Am I supposed to turn the
two lamp modules on before I create the macro?
Thanks,
Joe J.