X-10 Active Home?

Hi all,

I'm using Active Home for my X-10 interface and can't stand it.  Is there
better software for controlling my modules?  My biggest complaints are that
using 10 modules and the sunrise/sunset commands suck up all the resources
and my resolution is such that I can only adjust the timings every 20 days.
The other complaint is that macros won't work for multiple modules, just for
a simple on command.
I used to use X-10 powerhouse but that never interfaced with XP or some
other problem which I can't quite recall, its been about 6 years since that
worked.

Thanks,