Re: X-10 Active Home?

"David White" <whitedavidp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Uo6dnWhaTehwprbVnZ2dnUVZ_orinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello JJ.
>
> When you talk about resources being used up, that may really be more a
> function of the controller's on-board memory rather than the software
> which downloads the macros. I have a CM11A and I too had to set my
> resolution lower than I wanted to get things to fit. I believe that the
> newer units (which are USB instead of RS-232) have more memory so that
> may help me out - perhaps you too?
>
> I also don't quite understand what you are saying about macros not
> working for multiple modules. I have single macros which operate on
> multiple receiver modules (with different codes) turning on some and
> turning off others. These macros are downloaded into the CM11A and seem to
> work just fine.
>
> For the record, I have been using Active Home 1.32 and only recently moved
> to version 1.42. It seems that 1.42 is a little better on XP in terms of
> its RS-232 communications. But other than that, they seem nearly
> identical. I doubt these versions of Active Home will work with the new
> USB controller and I am not sure if the new version of Active Home that
> does will work with USB supports the CM11A.
>
> JJ wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using Active Home for my X-10 interface and can't stand it.  Is there
>> better software for controlling my modules?  My biggest complaints are
>> that using 10 modules and the sunrise/sunset commands suck up all the
>> resources and my resolution is such that I can only adjust the timings
>> every 20 days. The other complaint is that macros won't work for multiple
>> modules, just for a simple on command.
>> I used to use X-10 powerhouse but that never interfaced with XP or some
>> other problem which I can't quite recall, its been about 6 years since
>> that worked.
>>
>> Thanks,
I am currently using 1.42.  As far as the macros...I have tried to set up 3
modules to turn on at the same time and it never works.  None of them will
turn on.  They work individually, but not on the macro.  I thought I could
free up resources if I used the macro, but every time I try, nothing turns
on.  I have backpedaled and tried just 2 modules, then 1 module but the
macro does not work.  Any suggestions?  I mean it is simply drag and drop
the module into the macro.  I have tried standard and fast, but neither
works.

Joe J.