Re: X-10 Active Home?

JJ wrote:
> "David White" <whitedavidp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hello JJ.
>>
>> When you talk about resources being used up, that may really be more a
>> function of the controller's on-board memory rather than the software
>> which downloads the macros. I have a CM11A and I too had to set my
>> resolution lower than I wanted to get things to fit. I believe that the
>> newer units (which are USB instead of RS-232) have more memory so that
>> may help me out - perhaps you too?
>>
>> I also don't quite understand what you are saying about macros not
>> working for multiple modules. I have single macros which operate on
>> multiple receiver modules (with different codes) turning on some and
>> turning off others. These macros are downloaded into the CM11A and seem to
>> work just fine.
>>
>> For the record, I have been using Active Home 1.32 and only recently moved
>> to version 1.42. It seems that 1.42 is a little better on XP in terms of
>> its RS-232 communications. But other than that, they seem nearly
>> identical. I doubt these versions of Active Home will work with the new
>> USB controller and I am not sure if the new version of Active Home that
>> does will work with USB supports the CM11A.
>>
>> JJ wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm using Active Home for my X-10 interface and can't stand it.  Is there
>>> better software for controlling my modules?  My biggest complaints are
>>> that using 10 modules and the sunrise/sunset commands suck up all the
>>> resources and my resolution is such that I can only adjust the timings
>>> every 20 days. The other complaint is that macros won't work for multiple
>>> modules, just for a simple on command.
>>> I used to use X-10 powerhouse but that never interfaced with XP or some
>>> other problem which I can't quite recall, its been about 6 years since
>>> that worked.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
> I am currently using 1.42.  As far as the macros...I have tried to set up 3
> modules to turn on at the same time and it never works.  None of them will
> turn on.  They work individually, but not on the macro.  I thought I could
> free up resources if I used the macro, but every time I try, nothing turns
> on.  I have backpedaled and tried just 2 modules, then 1 module but the
> macro does not work.  Any suggestions?  I mean it is simply drag and drop
> the module into the macro.  I have tried standard and fast, but neither
> works.
>
> Joe J.

If you are downloading macros into a CM11A and NOT leaving it connected
to your computer, I believe you MUST create FAST macros.

With my computer temporarily connected to my CM11A, I just created a
test fast macro on C1. To it I added my indoor lights (B2) and porch
lights (B5). No other changes. By default, the switch icons on the B2
and B5 are in the ON position and I leave them there. I right the macro
icon and choose Test. After a brief delay, both B2 and B5 get turned-on.

Does this work for you?

What is supposed to "trigger" your macro once it is downloaded? Are you
using a remote control, an AC line controller, or is it supposed to be
triggered by a timer?