Re: EXCESSIVE: PR: Access Control Systems at www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> PR: Access Control Systems at www.BassBurglarAlarms.com
>> OK. I think we've all seen enough "Press Releases"
>> about the stuff you sell...
>
> The format and content of the posts conforms with
> commonly accepted practice.  They are on-topic
> here and not particularly frequent.

Actually, they *ARE* far too frequent and far too commercial.

In a newsgroup, staying low-key means sending a crass commercial message
no more than once a week.  (And even THAT will get you flamed.)

Take a look at my postings here. I'm not very vocal.  If even *I* am
piping up about this, you're probably WAY out of line.  You're making
yourself and your company look bad.

The best way to promote yourself in a newsgroup is to contribute factual
information that impresses people with your insight, knowledge, and
competence. If your messages include a brief signature that lets folks
know that you also have commercial interests in the subject matter, you
will draw their business.

Dumping your catalog onto the newsgroup in bits and pieces, nearly every
day, also impresses people -- but probably not in the way you intend.