Re: Need kitchen undercabinet dimmable light ideas

> #3 option in my original post WAS xenon lights. I've tested these,
> and they dim great, look great, BUT -- They are WAY too hot for
> kitchen undercabinet use, in my opinion. Makes the insides of the
> cabinet hot (not just warm). Of course, the undercabinet
> application is how they are marketed. It's puzzling to my why
> anyone would want to use these in this situation, unless I'm the
> only one who puts heat-sensitive items (like food!) in their
> cabinets. ;-)

In my kitchen the layout is somewhat different.  All of the
over-the-counter cabinets contain dishes, glasses, cups or dried
spices (*lots* of spices :)) so a little extra heat there is of no
consequence.  I've been kicking around the idea of installing
under-cabinet lighting there for a while.  Xenon looks like a good
possibility for my app.  Since we have lots of dimmable ceiling cans
and other switched lights in the kitchen, I don't think I'll dim the
under-cabinet lights.  If I get around to it any time soon I'll let
you know how it works out for us.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass