Re: Does a home power meter-base exist which uses BlueTooth?

My reason for wanting this isn't to conserve energy. Heaven's no...!

It is because X10 stuff is unreliable.

When you tell an X10 device to turn on, or off... did it? How can you
know for sure...??

It is open-loop, no feedback, hope it worked...

This is to help close the loop...

Ideally if the computer that told the X10 device to turn ON, for
example, watches the instantaneous power usage - it should see a change.

If it doesn't it can send the command again...

It can also be programmed to know the load. Right?

THEN it can warn when a bulb has burned out, etc.

Wouldn't that be cool?

Jack
:)