Re: Does a home power meter-base exist which uses BlueTooth?

Thanks for the tip...

I've visited both companies websites.

I've filled-out the need more info forms on both.

That was two days ago.

I've received a reply from TED. And
Good news... TED is on sale!!
Bad news is TED won't have a computer interface till summer...
Good news, maybe, is they're looking at Zigby for their wireless.

Blueline's product is already wireless, but just for the display - as
far as I know.
They have yet to reply to my questions...

Yesterday I asked an engineer at the local power company for advise. I
also asked him to look at TED, and he said "Certainly, the price is
right, if it works."

The power company uses electronic meters in some homes. When I inquired
about those he went on to say, (on this subject):

"It depends on the purpose of monitoring.  The PGE meter collects the
consumption without regard to instantaneous usages, since there are no
demand charges in residential.  Individual end-use monitoring is used to
check the usage of a specific load.  Seeing the total meter
instantaneous kW is an accumulation of everything that is on in the
house at that instant.  Since you are billed by consumption, it's kW
times time, so it's all those instantaneous kW's and all those
instantaneous times."

He gave me the number of their residential metering expert, but I have
yet to find the time to call...

I also received TED's manual. I need to look at the current
transformer's hookup instructions to see how I feel about hooking this
up myself.

Jack
:)