Re: your feedback on DIY security alarm system

Variety of ways of dealing with this, ask over on cocoontech.com, there's a
TON of Elk users there.

Ways that i've heard&remember:
- CAT5 in the same conduit as the telephone, terminated at one end and setup
as a N/C circuit, which if cut activates an alarm
- cellular backup if above or other issues occur
- use the automation capabilities to blast speakers/siren/lights at the
point of intrusion to deter the thief before he enters

others are doing some neat stuff, don't remember it though.

Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I
may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:
http://www.myhomeautomationpc.com, last updated 4/11

My Home Automation Blog: http://homeautomation.wordpress.com/