Re: your feedback on DIY security alarm system

Hi,

One question about Elk M1EZ8 though. If any of the wired connections get
  disconnected or if the PSTN wired is cut off from the control unit does
the device set off an alarm in another way (like triggering the siren
through the speakers)? If the PSTN wire is cut off how can the alarm
system notify the owner? Can we run some software elsewhere on the
internet and keep poking the control unit to see if it is reachable or
something like that? I am just thinking about the extreme conditions
where the burglar might cut off the PSTN or the magnetic sensor wires
before breaking in.

Thanks.