Re: Smarthome/INSTEON?

"Mike" <mike921@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>
>I used X10 for about 3 years before I picked up insteon modules, I put
>in a few z-wave switches in January and just did not like them nor did
>I get the reliability I had hoped for.  I still have various x10
>sensors/thermostats/etc throughout my house so I hope that other
>manufacturers start supporting insteon in new products soon.  I started
>using insteon when I got an email about the starter kit, May/June
>timeframe I think.  I then waited 'patiently' for the switches....then
>bought a lot more when I found out the price drop.
>
>And yes that is a better URL.

Mike,

Thanks. The fact that you're an experienced X-10 user adds weight to your
views on Insteon. If they can keep the prices low and expand the product
list to include sensors, remotes, etc. I think Insteon may capture the
market.

What were the reliability issues you had with Z-Wave? I haven't seen many
positive reports from non-dealers.