Re: Smarthome/INSTEON?

Hi Jcm,

Welcome to the group.  Smarthome is great and stands behind their
warranties on all products (I think they are mostly 2 years).  I have
over 20 insteon switches in my house and just added 3 of the new
insteon keypadlincs.

IMHO insteon is way better than x-10 or z-wave, I have not had one
issue of reliability.  I can't speak to upb as I have not installed
it but insteon is awesome, especially since switches are $40.  If you
want to go insteon buy the starter kit
http://www.smarthome.com/2490.HTML and add switches and keypadlincs,
etc.  http://www.smarthome.com/prodindex.asp?catid=101

Hope this helps