X10 signal problems...

I have a leviton 6308 X10 photocell controlling 2 landscape lighting
transformers in my garage. Ever since this was installed, it has never
had a problem receiving the "on" command at dusk. About 2 days a week,
the lights won't turn off at dawn. At first, I thout it was the
photocell at fault, and replaced it, only to have the same problem with
the replacement. Then I figured that since the transformers always turn
on but have trouble turning off, that the transformers may be causing
line noise. They aren't suppose to since they are the coil type but I
plugged them into filterlincs anyway to check, and a few days later,
same problem. Then I attached filterlincs to the 2 computer strips in
the house, which actually improved the signal to some other modules,
but again, the transformers didn't turn off this morning. The only
other electrical devices that are on overnight into morning are 3
portable heaters, 2 oil filled radiators and an older electric element
type. Do these cause line noise? What else can I try? I've thought
about just getting a Powerlinc (1132CU) and just configure it to send a
repeated off command multiple times at dawn to increase reliability.
What do you guys think?