Re: Illiterate X-10 Question

"Jim Thompson" <thegreatone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:igntl1hel9gequmubgp4ofqgifpe946o50@xxxxxxxxxx
> The number of different X-10 components out there is overwhelming to
> someone who has not used them before.
>
> What I want is very simple...
>
> When Circuit A is activated by a conventional switch I want Circuit B
> to be also activated.
>
> When Circuit A is deactivated by a conventional switch I want Circuit
> B to be also deactivated.
>
> Circuit B only has a source of power but no conventional switching of
> its own.
>
> Seems there should be small "do-hickeys" that I could simply wire into
> each junction box, but I'm having trouble zeroing-in on the right
> components.
>
> Thanks!
>
>                                        ...Jim Thompson

Jim --

James Lipsit has a bit about sensing current to trigger X10 devices on his
website:

http://james.lipsit.com/tvsensor.htm

Also, have a look at the powerflash module:
http://www.smarthome.com/4060.html and consider that, combined with
http://www.smarthome.com/2250aw.html

I would suggest a 120v relay parallel with your switched load, providing
contact closure to the 4060, which will send an X10 "on" command to the 2250

E. Lee Dickinson
Entertainment Design and Technology
www.leedickinson.com