Latest message you have seen: RE: DCM V1.0 is available

Re: Changes to Protocol Docs - a Summary

Howdy,

> Hmm, I'd better do the same to my sdk, then.
>
> So much for summaries and discussions - we all just go ahead and do it
> anyway.  I suppose that means at least the framework developers agree
on

Well, I think there is some excitement here and what I think we can use
this
for in a "hashing out" mode -- those of us who can will implement
this and
see how things work and get along.  We'll just keep watching it for a while
(maybe a month or two) and if things look stable, we can then look at
formalizing it (always better to have some real-world experience before
carving into that stone).

I think that the simplicity of the changes and their backward-compatibility
makes this pretty easy for many of us to test out and should make it easy
tweak it a bit (if needed) until it settles down.

I, for one, am pretty pumped about all this :-)

Gerry Duprey
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
http://www.cdp1802.org