RE: Changes to Protocol Docs - a Summary

  • Subject: RE: Changes to Protocol Docs - a Summary
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian.lowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:09:59 +0100

Not wishing to jump the gun here, but...

> To the frameworks (xpllib, xpl OCX and xpl4Java) it means adding the
"if this message is > hbeat.request, send a heartbeat now."
logic.

I just added the rapid startup code:

- heartbeats are sent once every 3 seconds on startup
- once the OCX sees one of it's own heartbeats, this falls back to
regular rates
- raises an event JoinedxPLNetwork (same as xpllib v4)
- after 90 seconds of no response, it falls back to 1 per minute

And the hbeat.request discovery code:

- an xpl-cmnd message of schema hbeat.request will result in a heartbeat
being sent.

The new OCX is working fine with my voume control app, and my VFD
driver. If someone else wants to test it along with their own apps, I'll
package it up in the morning (I want to test it overnight on my own
system first)

> We then recompile, and bob's your auntie :D

Except, you don't have to even recompile - the OCX is built as "binary
compatible", so it's just a drop in replacement in the
windows\system32
folder.

Nice and easy :D

I.