Latest message you have seen: Re: xPL for Phones...

RE: Too much for me -- was Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag

  • Subject: RE: Too much for me -- was Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:53:44 +0100

> My interest in xPL has now totally faded, and for me this is the
> end of the
> line. Sorry, but I'm not going thru the whole process again.

Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear you say that. I am not entirely sure what it is that has
disillusioned you as I dont follow the list too closely because I dont
really have any of the devices that people  are controlling using xPL.

What I am very aware of though is the tremendous effort you have put into
developing your applications and was always amazed by how quickly new
versions and fixes were released.

To date, my sole experience of xPL was at UKHA2004 when in just a few
minutes you created a plugin that enabled the xPL stand to control the KAT5
Switcher Prototype. (No mean feat when the switcher itself didnt exist 48
hours earlier!)

Sadly despite xPL (and XAP) both demonstrating their capabilities at
UKHA2003 and UKHA2004 I was so tied up with my own stand that I didnt have
the chance to explore the capabilities further.

Please reconsider your decision as I am sure many people will miss the
superb work that you have done. You have obviously been working incredibly
hard on xPL over the last few months and maybe that has had an influence on
your decision. I hope that taking a break for a few weeks will rekindle
your
interest.

Best wishes for whatever you decide to do

Regards

Keith