Latest message you have seen: Re: plugin XML files

Too much for me -- was Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag

  • Subject: Too much for me -- was Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:35:23 +0100

I had a feeling of impending doom about all this yesterday, but decided to
sleep on it. Having read the posts that were waiting in my inbox this
morning has made that feeling far worse.

Personally I feel we've now entered into that phase where we _are_
discussing changes that undermine the 'simple' principles that xPL was
built
on. In short, I feel like i've been here before when xPL split off from
xAP.
And I, for one, am not a happy bunny about it.

The core protocol was agreed to be set in stone - no matter what - as I
understood it, and comments posted in the last 12 hours totally ignore that
fact in my opinion.

My interest in xPL has now totally faded, and for me this is the end of the
line. Sorry, but I'm not going thru the whole process again.

MediaNet will continue, but all future announcements will be via my
website,
and I'll set up somekind of mailing list for it when I get time to allow
for
bug reports and feature requests etc. In the meantime feel free to e-mail
me
direct. The xpl app's on my site will stay for now in their current form,
but will eventually be deleted.

Thanks to everyone for the help and feedback with xplmedianet (and other
stuff in the past) it has been much appreciated.

To Ian, John and Steve whom the list was founded with - my profound
apologies for this, but I can't be involved any more. And if I had e-mailed
you my intentions first you may have talked me out of my decision for now,
and I didn't want that. I have enough stress in my life at the moment
without letting this group add to it (yes, sadly xPL was very important to
me).

I'm leaving the group with great regret of how things have panned out from
my perspective, but life's just too short to end up in arguments again. I
truly hope xPL grows on and forward in the way people want.

I'll set my xpl account to 'web only' rather than deleting it, as I believe
there is an issue with groups getting deleted when the moderator who
created
the group leaves it. If this isn't the case, feel free to delete it.

Many thanks
Tony