Re: xPL - Front End

Howdy,

> Good to hear we can mix and match.....
>
> I currently have Java 1.5.0_04 installed on my computer as its
required for CBUS-CGATE.....so im hoping form here it should be easy for me
to get your xPL-Java stuff loaded up........

Getting the container running should be as easy as typing:

java -jar xPL4Java.jar

at a shell prompt or double clicking on the xPL4Java.jar icon in it's
installation directory.

Getting something like the RGBLED stuff running would be as easy as dumping
the jRGBLED.jar into the "jars" subdirectory of the xPL4Java
container (i.e.
the jars subdirectory under the xPL4Java install directory).  xPL4Java will
discover it and load it up.  Within a few seconds, you'll find it listed in
xPLHAL as a device needing configuration.

The RGBLED stuff comes with a document telling you what the schema looks
like for controlling it.

It should be fairly simple.  But I'll be around if you run into any
problems.

Gerry Duprey
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
http://www.cdp1802.org