RE: New User questions re Hardware interface and what protocol.

  • Subject: RE: New User questions re Hardware interface and what protocol.
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:15:22 -0000

>From: Kevin Hawkins [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
>
>>I'll pre-empt what comes next with the usual disclaimer - this is
from

>>the xPL point of view, and not an attempt to be balanced.
>
>Indeed it was.. and there was no attempt to be factually accurate
either

Kevin, If you are not here to engage in a slanging match, please don't
do so. There is no conspiracy to twist the truth, just a different
interpretation of the facts. None of us are here to lie to each other (I
hope)

I agree with the non personal parts of your post - the two protocols can
co-exist, and the best place to find an unbiased view of xAP is on the
xap list, not here.

Before you take the moral high ground, however, ask yourself just how
accurate a representation of xPL would have been made if the same
question had been asked "over there"?

None of us are saints. ;)

Ian.