Re: Re: motion detectors: need some input

Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments.

I think I will not go for the VIOM or NETIOM modules.  I discovered
the TMA4 module that puts X10 signals on the wires given an opened or
closed contact (e.g. from a PIR).
(http://www.intellihome.be/english/productview.asp?id=166
).
It has 4 inputs, exactly the number of PIRs that will be installed.  A
second TMA4 will be connected to the 4 wall switches.  The CM11
computer interface is xPL'ed so this translates the X10 messages from
the 8 sources into something that can be controlled by HAL
determinators/scripts.  The lights will each get their X10 appliance
module.

This solution is cheaper (the TMA4 replaces: a NETIOM + need for
wireless network) yet depends more heavily on not so reliable X10
technology (though I never had any troubles with it apart from the RF
receiver).

Of course, if you think I am being foolish, please tell me so :-)

Regards,
Tom