RE: Changes to Playlist

  • Subject: RE: Changes to Playlist
  • From: "Steve Nye" <zen65631@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:31:05 -0000

Hi Tony, thsi application is maturing nicely, here is my 2 cents.

I think the current playlist should always reflect the order the songs are
to be played in and be the complete list with the current position clearly
identified.

Songs can be added and if the user chooses to randomise then that is
reflected back in the list itself. If a track is deleted then it has gone.
Once the last song in the list has been played then if 'continuous play'
had
been selected the list should restart at the beginning of the list
'as-it-is-now' if that list had been randomised then it could be
re-randomised and play commences from the first (new) track. If just 'play'
is selected then the current play list plays and completes when the last
track has completed.

I always seem to struggle a bit with the UI and in particular play, not
sure
why it is probably me. I would like to be able to select tracks and to then
select play to commence playing of those tracks. I would then like to be
able to add additional tracks to the current playlist (by track, album or
artist) which are then played without further interaction. I would like to
alternatively choose to select 'continuous play' to create a looping
playback.

Key control keys for the current play list could be
Play / Continuous play
re-order track using track up / track down or drag track and re-position
(preferred)
randomise
delete
insert into playlist to allow a track or series of tracks to be inserted
from the next track
the ability to select a track and play from that point on.
the ability to save the current playlist to a user specified name
the ability to load a series of playlists (IIR this can be done from a
different screen currently)
Steve