Re: simple howto for capturing remote events from a

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 17:26 +0100, John B wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Now I start the hub and monitor on my box, but I don't see
anything
> > being monitored. How can I make sure the remote signals from the
> > squeezebox reaches that computer? The squeezebox and the computer
are
> > connected using a switch.
>
> Have you enabled xPL support within SlimServer?
> I think it's under Server Settings -> Advanced -> Networking.
> (don't have access to a SlimServer installation to confirm this ATM)
>
> You need to enable xPL support, and set the infra-red mode to either
raw, buttons or both.

> In raw mode, xPL messages will be sent out every time SlimServer
receives an infra-red packet from your SqueezeBox.
> In buttons mode, it will only recognise the buttons on the SlimDevices
remote.
> In both mode, it will send out both raw and recognised IR codes.
>
> You'll need to restart SlimServer after enabling xPL support for the
changes to take effect.

> In the monitor, you should see heartbeat messages from your
SqueezeBox, as well as infra-red messages each time you press a key.

> Have you tried using the sender app that is included in the Perl
toolkit to send a message and see if your monitor displays it?

Yes, I managed to things working after posting. The remote problems I
had was due to the fact that the squeezebox doesn't support RC5 remotes
yet.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@xxxxxxx>