Re: simple howto for capturing remote events from a

Hi,

> Now I start the hub and monitor on my box, but I don't see anything
> being monitored. How can I make sure the remote signals from the
> squeezebox reaches that computer? The squeezebox and the computer are
> connected using a switch.

Have you enabled xPL support within SlimServer?
I think it's under Server Settings -> Advanced -> Networking.
(don't have access to a SlimServer installation to confirm this ATM)

You need to enable xPL support, and set the infra-red mode to either raw,
buttons or both.

In raw mode, xPL messages will be sent out every time SlimServer receives
an infra-red packet from your SqueezeBox.
In buttons mode, it will only recognise the buttons on the SlimDevices
remote.
In both mode, it will send out both raw and recognised IR codes.

You'll need to restart SlimServer after enabling xPL support for the
changes to take effect.

In the monitor, you should see heartbeat messages from your SqueezeBox, as
well as infra-red messages each time you press a key.

Have you tried using the sender app that is included in the Perl toolkit to
send a message and see if your monitor displays it?

HTH,

John