Re: simple howto for capturing remote events from a squeezebox?

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:53 +0100, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking around for some documentation or howto on how to
> capture remote control events from a squeezebox on a linux machine.
I've
> found the source code for xplhal (compiled after specifying g++
instead
> of gcc), but after that I'm kind of lost.
>
> There don't seem to be much people using xpl under linux yet?
>
> Is there a debug / log program which can connect to an xplhub and
print
> out any events, or give some kind of information that my setup is
> working to some extent?  ./xplhub eth1 just doesn't say very much...

Ok, replying to myself, I found the xpl toolkit for perl, which has an
xpl monitor; http://www.xplproject.org.uk/modules.php?
op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=9

Now I start the hub and monitor on my box, but I don't see anything
being monitored. How can I make sure the remote signals from the
squeezebox reaches that computer? The squeezebox and the computer are
connected using a switch.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@xxxxxxx>