Re: New App xPL_Phone

  • Subject: Re: New App xPL_Phone
  • From: John B
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 06:48:00 +0000

Hi John,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Payne" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=maE1TZ3tirrtVCXXZrsx3I80ZxFQ_M0OIR9hFK5kEdjfpApfJJ7vYGSwyb57VhaI26lT5iG2OxxoDMj8xufd">jgpayne@b...</a>>
Sent: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:13:53 -0000
To: <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=l5teHf8XrYcpoNFKJuee94leH_YxtbOjqthPof_XCgsDTT05EJlgpQZt23jhD2JAMuME4ZhR7HuAPJC_AMsOmjEIvA">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>>
Subject: Re: [ukha_xpl] New App xPL_Phone

> > It now emails me when someone leaves a message, and I can visit
my web
> site to listen to all my messages :-)
> >
> > Nice work Tony.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > John
>
> Wow! Was this all done with xPL or are some other apps involved?

Pretty much:
- xPLHal
- xPLPhone
- An IIS web server using ASP

I also use xPLMeteor, but that's optional if you aren't bothered about
using
caller ID to determine what your answer machine does.
E.g. if it's my mobile calling the house, it takes me straight into the
menu to
control things/listen to messages, but if it's any other number, you need
enter a special combination of digits to get into the home control menus.

It's all brand new stuff, and xPLPhone still has some issues that Tony is
looking at (the app is only a few days old after all!), but if you're
interested
in more details, feel free to ask.

The ASP pages are pretty simple... you go to a web page, enter a PIN, see a
list
of messages and can listen to them/delete them from there.
Everything else (all the telephony stuff and the email sending) is handled
by
xPLHal, xPLPhone and xPLMeteor.

When I get chance I'll hopefully put a How To document together on how I've
done
things.
(have to finish testing/tidying up my scripts/menu system first)

Regards,

John