xPL-Pic-tvosd Update

  • Subject: xPL-Pic-tvosd Update
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 02:43:00 +0000

Hi All
Firstly Happy New Year to all xPL,lers.....

Nice work on the xPL Telephone stuff Tony ;-))

Well have spent the christmas break working on the xpl tvosd and im now
able to reconfigure the instance as per the xpl specs...;-))...Still to
incorporate the updating of the heartbeat interval...Its been frustating at
times ,(bugs,bugs, and more bugs, plus memory page overlapping)...but its
been bloody addictive......

Couple of Questions/Issues

1: When i try to configure my tvosd which is awaiting configuration xpl
manager brings up an error when i click on the awaiting device..........
"xpl hal server returned unexpected rsponse.please ensure blah
blah....error
417 no such device ?????????
I can manually do initial config (send xpl message ) and after that i can
then use xpl manager to reconfigure ???
All seems well after the unconfigured devices fall off the list....

It also appears that if a device doesnt get configurated straight away then
you get multiple of the same device awaiting reconfiguration(due to
multiple
hbearts being received ?) ???? I assume this is normal as they drop off (no
response from the awaiting device) ??

2: When a device has been configured should it reply to a
"Config.list"
request ?? or only "Config.current".......
Looking at the log my tvosd doesnt get a chance to reply to a
"Config.List"
request as it receives a "Config.Current"straight on top of the
"Config.list"request
Have the same issue when i reconfigure...i set the heartbeat flag so it
will
send a hbeat straight away but the message is not get logged although
xplmanager sends out a config.current request..I have put a 3 second delay
on the hbeat after reconfiguration ...

3: Can someone write me a script that every x minutes sends out a OSD.BASIC
message just for testing...............
Many Thanks
Frank