Re: xPL-Pic-tvosd Update

  • Subject: Re: xPL-Pic-tvosd Update
  • From: John B
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 07:01:00 +0000

Hi Frank,

> Nice work on the xPL Telephone stuff Tony ;-))

Yep, looking good.

> Well have spent the christmas break working on the xpl tvosd and im
now
> able to reconfigure the instance as per the xpl specs...;-))...Still
> incorporate the updating of the heartbeat interval...Its been
frustating at
> times ,(bugs,bugs, and more bugs, plus memory page overlapping)...but
its
> been bloody addictive......
>
> Couple of Questions/Issues
>
> 1: When i try to configure my tvosd which is awaiting configuration
xpl
> manager brings up an error when i click on the awaiting
device..........
> "xpl hal server returned unexpected rsponse.please ensure blah
blah....error
> 417 no such device ?????????
> I can manually do initial config (send xpl message ) and after that i
can
> then use xpl manager to reconfigure ???
> All seems well after the unconfigured devices fall off the list....

I think I've seen this before - I'll try and reproduce it here.

> It also appears that if a device doesnt get configurated straight away
then
> you get multiple of the same device awaiting reconfiguration(due to
multiple
> hbearts being received ?) ???? I assume this is normal as they drop
off (no
> response from the awaiting device) ??

You shouldn't see more than one instance of the device with the same name
in the
"awaiting configuration" section.
Again I'll try and replicate this over the weekend.

> 2: When a device has been configured should it reply to a
"Config.list"
> request ?? or only "Config.current".......

It should reply to config.list and config.current.

> Looking at the log my tvosd doesnt get a chance to reply to a
"Config.List"
> request as it receives a "Config.Current"straight on top of
the
> "Config.list"request

Are you saying the config.list message is lost because the config.current
comes
along too quickly after the config.list and overwrites it?

> Have the same issue when i reconfigure...i set the heartbeat flag so
it will
> send a hbeat straight away but the message is not get logged although
> xplmanager sends out a config.current request..I have put a 3 second
delay
> on the hbeat after reconfiguration ...
>
> 3: Can someone write me a script that every x minutes sends out a
OSD.BASIC
> message just for testing...............

OK, in xPL Manager, open up one of your scripts - anyone will do - e.g.
xplhal_shared.xpl

Paste the following code:

Sub SendTestOSDMsg()
call
xpl.SendMsg("","*","osd.basic","command=clear"
& vbLf & "text=Hello
world")
End Sub

The "*" is the target - you can enter your full device name
(vendor-device.instance) to target the message at your device if you wish.
The boddy will be
osd.basic
{
command=clear
text=Hello world
}
(you can edit the call xpl.sendmsg line to adapt the message if you wish)

Once you've pasted the code, click File menu -> Save and Reload.
When you get a message saying scripts reloaded successfully, click OK, then
close the script editor.

Now you need to tell xPL Manager to run the script every few minutes:
In xPLHal Manager, right-click on the Events node in the left-hand tree and
select New Event.

When the wizard appears, click Next.
Select Recurring Event and click Next.
In the Subroutine dropdown list, select the SendTestOSDMsg routine that you
just
added and click Next.
For start time, select 00:01 and click Next.
For end time, select 23:59, and in the "Interval" box, enter the
number of
minutes between messages, e.g. entering 5 will mean you get a test message
every
5 minutes - you can't have anything less than 1 minute.
Click Next.
Leave the Randomisation as 0, and click Next.
For the days on which to execute, click Select All, then click Next.
Give the event a name like Test OSD messages, and click Next.
Finally, click Finish.

xPLHal will now send out your test messages at the interval you specified.

HTH,

John