Latest message you have seen: Re: xPLMediaNet Client Web - Frames or No Frames

Re: Re: How Should MVP OSD Work

> > I wonder if this may be better broken out into a
> > separate app, though.  It would grab the image, and then send an
> xpl
> > message to tell everyone that a new image was available, and
where
> > get it.  xplRioNet would pick it up if an image item was
> configured
> > to use it instead of a predefined bitmap, and other xpl apps
could
> do
> > the same.

I like the idea of this.

Could we maybe come up with an extension to the OSD schema that included a
path to an image?
That way things like the MVP, and maybe a PC app, could display the image
referred to in the OSD message.

E.g. when someone presses your door bell (which will of course be xPL
enabled) your camera could take a still photo, send out an OSD message with
a reference to the image, and any image-aware xPL OSD devices could then
display the image, showing you who is at your door.

Thoughts?

Regards,

John