Latest message you have seen: Re: having trouble getting xPL comfort to set outputs

Re: How Should MVP OSD Work

  • Subject: Re: How Should MVP OSD Work
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:16:59 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> > > I wonder if this may be better broken out into a
> > > separate app, though.  It would grab the image, and then
send
an
> > xpl
> > > message to tell everyone that a new image was available, and
where
> > > get it.  xplRioNet would pick it up if an image item was
> > configured
> > > to use it instead of a predefined bitmap, and other xpl apps
could
> > do
> > > the same.
>
> I like the idea of this.
>
> Could we maybe come up with an extension to the OSD schema that
included a path to an image?
> That way things like the MVP, and maybe a PC app, could display the
image referred to in the OSD message.

> E.g. when someone presses your door bell (which will of course be
xPL enabled) your camera could take a still photo, send out an OSD
message with a reference to the image, and any image-aware xPL OSD
devices could then display the image, showing you who is at your door.

> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> John

I would have thought that the easiest way to transfer the image would
be via tcp, using the xpl port.  Do any of the libs provide this kind
of functionality?

Mal