Re: xPLHal hung on startup

  • Subject: Re: xPLHal hung on startup
  • From: "Bob Gardner" <gardner.bob@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:35:44 -0000

Hi John,

You were correct, the second instance of hvision did go away on its
own.

I will also continue to work on the service hanging message and let
you know if I find anything.

Thanks,

Bob

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> > I do have my W800 and I can see the commands in the monitor
window.
> > Following your directions to George, I tried to add a few
> > determinators.  I started with easy ones that receive X10 signals
> > from the W800 and send X10 commands to HV.  In the monitor,
> > everything appears to work.  When I press a button on an RF
remote, I
> > see a CMND type message to Homevision and a TRIG message from the
> > W800 and then about 5 seconds later I see a TRIG message from
> > Homevision.  The first two messages are X10.BASIC and the third
one
> > is an X10.CONFIRM.  Unfortunately Homevision never responds to
the
> > command and doesn't send an X10 signal.
>
> I'll leave Steve or Frank to answer this one - it sounds like
something simple in the HV settings - all the xPL side of things is
working fine by the looks of it.

> > One thing I see is that
> > somehow I have managed to get two copies of the HV plugin in the
xPL
> > devices.  Don't know if this is contributing or not.  I have
tried to
> > delete one but haven't figured out how to do that - any
suggestions?

> This is probably the original device name still hanging around from
before you configured it.
> Don't worry about it - it should disappear on it's own.
> There is an issue however where old device names may remain in the
list - we're looking into a fix at the moment.

> > I need to have this PC reboot and start everything unattended for
> > when we are not here - power glitches, etc., so I tried to put
the
> > xPLHvision fle in the startup folder.  This works but it seems to
> > start up before Homevision which is in the same folder so I get a
> > dialog box that says Homevision isn't running and I need to start
> > it.  I think I can fix this by starting xp\PLHvision from a macro
> > that does some other configuration things at startup.  I'll try
that.

> Alternatively, maybe Steve could add an option to the start up of
xPLHomeVision to insert a delay or something?

> > The next thing I need to figure out is this message that the
xPLHal
> > service hung at startup.
>
> I'm still not sure what could be causing that.
> xPLHal seems to be working OK, and is starting up in under 10
seconds, so I'm not entirely sure why you're seeing this error.