Re: Configuring CM12 service

John B wrote:

>This is a bug in the CM12 service - the COM port should be
reconfigurable - I'll see about fixing this.

>Meanwhile, you should be able to get around the problem by following
these steps:

>1. Stop the xPLHal service.
>2. In your Windows system directory (C:\Winnt\system32 or
c:\windows\system32) delete the file xpl_johnb-cm12.instance1.xml.
>3. Inside your xPLHal installation directory (by default this is
C:\Program Files\xPL\xPLHal), look in the Data\Vendor directory for the
file johnb-cm12.cache.xml, and open it in Notepad.
>Look for the line:
>  <configitem key="comport" type="config" />
>
>Change the type= to read type="reconf" and save the file.
>
>4. Restart xPLHal service.
>5. Restart CM12 service.
>
>You should now be able to go in and reconfigure the CM12.

I tried this, and it does now show ComPort in the config options.
Unfortunately, it won't let me change it from 2!  That is, I can edit
the number, but when I go back in, its set to 2 again.  Any ideas?

I also tried the CM12 in the motherboard serial port, rather than on the
quad serial adaptor, and the lockups went away.  I guess there must be a
bug in the drivers for the serial adaptor, but there doesn't appear to
be any newer version :-(

Mal