Re: Re: xPLRioNet v3.9 Published

tonytofts wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Have republished v3.9 with a bug fix for a bug that was causing
>James 'file not found' error.
>
>Unfortunately it still can't render thumbnails from his mpg's (james
>kindly supplied me with an example), and on my pc at least windows
>explorer cannot render a thumbnail from it either...

odd isn't it especially as both windows and the mvp can play them fine!
(My explorer doesn't render them either btw)

>Though he could use the thumbs="" option and generate images
for
>them instead.

Would it be possible to have a mixed mode here. It would be good if it
could get the thumbnail from the video file and if that fails then from
a jpg and if that fails just use some default blank icon?
Also can I request a feature to the scanner. I don't often change my
music library but the videos change alot as things get constantly
recorded. Currently for any video to show up you have to do a scan which
takes ages as it does all the music as well,  can you add a video only
scan or ideally don't do any scans for videos and just read the
directory on the fly.

Thanks Tony

James