RE: Re: xplrionet issues (DHCP)

  • Subject: RE: Re: xplrionet issues (DHCP)
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:54:00 +0000

> The second unit I tried and the first unit for most of last
> night, didn't get to a menu at all.

I've got lost along the way here somewhere...

If it didn't get to a menu it probably didn't get address 180

> OK that makes sense, in which case I could run DHCP on both the SBS
> and the RioNet, but how can I be sure the units will grab the Rio
> one first?

You can't unfortunately, you should only have 1 dhcp server on a network in
practice

> OK, I'll have to come clean, I'm not the networking God that
> everyone thinks I am ;-) WTF is an ethereal dump and how do I go
> about generating one?

My illusions are shattered ;-)

www.ethereal.com (it's free)

Warning: I havent a clue if this is safe to install on SBS2003 - so I
wouldn't!

But hopefully you have the xplrionet software installed (or could install
it) on a win xp or w2k pc instead?

You need 2 files winp_cap_3_0 and ethereal-setup.exe

I could e-mail the versions I'm using on xp offlist if you like, but it's
about 14mb!

Regards
Tony