Triggers/Stat - more

Mmm,
The plot thickens...
Looking at the xPLRionet messages, the unit sends a stat and trigger
message on power change.
Other than heartbeats, are unsolicited status messages allowed? From
my reading of the spec they are in response to a request message -
or the perhaps the wording needs amendment in the protocol spec.
Also, there is a difference between audio.rio and audio.slimserv
where "extended=POWER OFFON" is in one and "extended=power
01" in
the other and remote.basic doesn't even have an element
for "power=offon" alhough the slimserver sends it (I suspect it
was
a quick and dirty without having to implement a trigger). A need for
some commonality I think and perhaps some guidance for those
implementing schemas in future as xPL grows. And, yes, I am willing
to assist.....

Sorry to be picky but I've spent my life trying to get devices
talking to each other using a 'commmon' protocol.
Lehane