Re: xplrionet issues (DHCP)

  • Subject: Re: xplrionet issues (DHCP)
  • From: Graham Howe
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:38:00 +0000

> If the rio boots (and you can get a menu) it is definetely on the
180
> address as all the display is generated in the server sofware.

The second unit I tried and the first unit for most of last night,
didn't get to a menu at all.

> Sounds line the sbs dhcp is making the offer, and assuming it's
taken.

OK that makes sense, in which case I could run DHCP on both the SBS
and the RioNet, but how can I be sure the units will grab the Rio
one first?

> Only an ethereal capture could confirm this

See below

> Even taking an offer from the sbs dhcp server, it should boot.

No, it is not booting past the Dell Initialisation screen.

> If at all possible it would be great it you could get an ethereal
dump of it
> trying to boot using the sbs dhcp

OK, I'll have to come clean, I'm not the networking God that
everyone thinks I am ;-) WTF is an ethereal dump and how do I go
about generating one?