Re: Re: What''s better than a cool sexy new VFD display?

  • Subject: Re: Re: What''s better than a cool sexy new VFD display?
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:41:00 +0000

Yep Frank,
This was a one-off not a regular supply, so once the 20 are gone, that's
it.
I think Farnell have a suitable plastic enclosure for about £4.75, but
we'll
see...

I'm asking around for a nice smoked glass perspex front at the moment, and
have a couple of good calls to make come monday morning.

I'm very happy with how the display has worked out: it's one of the biggest
VFDs I have seen, and very, very sharp/bright etc.

the picture looks a little fuzzy, not least of all because the display is
so damn bright! (although the brightness is software controllable!)

I'll put you down for one, and start looking out some nice high quality
packaging for the trip over the edge ;)

Ian.