Re: Re: What''s better than a cool sexy new VFD display?

  • Subject: Re: Re: What''s better than a cool sexy new VFD display?
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 00:51:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT size="2">Thanks
Ian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size="2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Do you know if anyone has been able to send
xpl messages from Homevision as yet ??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size="2">Frank</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="ian@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:ian@xxxxxxx";>Ian
Lowe</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title="ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx";>ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, May 11, 2003 9:41
AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [ukha_xpl] Re: What's better
than a cool sexy new VFD display?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>Yep Frank,This was a one-off not a regular
supply, so once the 20 are gone, that's it.I think Farnell have a suitable
plastic enclosure for about £4.75, but we'llsee...I'm asking around for a
nice smoked glass perspex front at the moment, andhave a couple of good
calls to make come monday morning.I'm very happy with how the display has
worked out: it's one of the biggestVFDs I have seen, and very, very
sharp/bright etc.the picture looks&nbsp; a little fuzzy, not least of
all because the display isso damn bright! (although the brightness is
software controllable!)I'll put you down for one, and start looking out
some nice high qualitypackaging for the trip over the edge ;)Ian.-----
Original Message -----From: "armagh_elect"
<fmcalind@xxxxxxx>To: <ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx>Sent: Sunday, May 11,
2003 12:24 AMSubject: [ukha_xpl] Re: What's better than a cool sexy new VFD
display?>> Hi
Ian>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb
sp;&nbsp; Looks good ;-))&nbsp; Are you saying that once the box of
twenty> is gone thats it ?? If so put me down for one........I think
its> going to be a task getting a suitable case for it ??>>
Frank>> --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe"
<ian@w...> wrote:> > Answer A:> > An xPL enabled VFD
Display, displaying all OSD messages!!> > <A href="http://www.wintermute-ltd.com/vfd.jpg";>http://www.wintermute-ltd.com/vfd.jpg</A>>
>> > Answer B:> > A *BOX* of shiny new VFD enabled VFDs,
available to you, the xPL> forum, at a> > good thirty quid less
than the retail price ;)> >> > I'm looking at selling the
modules for £65 + shipping. More> details to> > follow, but I only
have one box of these (about 20) so they will> (probably)> > go
fast. I'm looking for a suitable pla
stic case/stand at the> moment> >> > The display is much
bigger than a slimp3, at about 9 inches long,> just over> > an
inch high, and is clearly readable from across a room. It runs> from a
5V> > PSU, and can be directly connected to the serial port of a PC
(no> level> > shifter needed)> >> >
Ian.>>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>
ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx>>>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to <A href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</A>>></TT><TT>To
to:ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</TT><TT>Your use of Yahoo!
Groups is subject to the <A href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!