Re: Newcomer to xPL / Linux support

  • Subject: Re: Newcomer to xPL / Linux support
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:58:00 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Des Gibbons" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=Dwr9AXo8b_KGX7uJx8nrez-TtnED0C5Ago5jNd5HjbVHWGQ-a4nW_XmANidwsYwiRyzq-Ti7kw">des@f...</a>>

> Python, hmmmmm, now that would be interesting, what with XBMC
supporting
> python.

Hell yes. Getting to grips with the XDK is mind numbing to say the least (I
dare say speaking C++ would help!)

If we could expose XBMC functionality to xPL, and use the XBox as a menu
system for the home theatre type environment, that would be *sweet*

> If you need a linux volunteer for testing, contact me directly.
> Cheers, Des.

Possibly better to keep the requests on list: certainly, I'm happy to test
stuff too. (got a 2.4.17-24 redhat derived frankenstein in the corner here
;) )

Ian.